AutoX Founder and CEO Jianxiong Xiao talks about how AutoX is trying to make AVs affordable and accessible for everyone. By Hamza ElMokhtar Shili, Keopagnapech Ngoun, and Saven Pat Have you ever got into your car and felt drowsy on your commute home after a tiring day, or while driving during a [...]
- The new fund will facilitate millions of free rides for people receiving COVID-19 vaccination, medical workers providing vaccines, and more
- Fund will cover efforts in 13 markets DiDi operates in globally outside of China
- DiDi to work with local governments, health authorities to adapt support to local needs
(Beijing, January 22, 2021) Didi Chuxing (“DiDi”), the world’s leading mobility and convenience platform, today announced a new ‘Global Vaccination Support Fund’, a USD $10 million fund to support COVID-19 vaccination efforts across the local communities DiDi serves.
This flexible new fund is designed to provide locally tailored support for vaccination efforts across the 13 countries DiDi operates in outside of China. In most of the cities and communities DiDi serves, this will include free or deeply discounted rides for people traveling to vaccination appointments, or for healthcare workers providing vaccinations.
The fund may also be used to support other measures going forward, based on local needs. As local conditions and vaccine availability differ significantly and are changing quickly, DiDi will continue working closely with governments and healthcare authorities to adapt and supplement the Company’s support to what is most needed locally.
Announcing DiDi’s ‘Global Vaccination Support Fund’, Jean Liu, President of DiDi, said: “The vaccination support initiative is a crucial step in our local recovery effort across the world. The incredible commitment and agility of DiDi teams, together with a safety system built for complex mobility scenarios, play a critical role in protecting our people and ensuring essential services throughout these challenging times. We will continue to stand by our partners and communities to get our cities moving again.”
Over the past year, DiDi has set an industry standard in its response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Across its global markets, DiDi has:
- Sponsored more than 6 million free or deeply discounted rides and meals for frontline healthcare workers under the “DiDi Hero” initiative;
- Distributed more than 6 million masks and sanitation kits to driver and courier partners; and
- Provided financial support to tens of thousands of driver and courier partners impacted by COVID-19.
In China, DiDi has:
- Helped organize hundreds of thousands of drivers who signed up to join DiDi’s medical fleets, which sponsored more than 1 million free rides to healthcare workers.
- Set up over 200 offline sanitation stations to provide free masks, sanitation kits and plastic divider installation for driver partners.
- Provided funding of over RMB 200 million to support drivers, including special insurance for driver partners with confirmed cases or those who were required to quarantine.
– END –
About Didi Chuxing
Didi Chuxing (“DiDi”) is the world’s leading mobile transportation and local services platform. The company offers a full range of app-based services for over 550 million users across Asia Pacific, Latin America and Russia, including taxi-hailing, private car-hailing, P2P rideshare, bus, bikes & e-bikes, designated driving, automobile solutions, delivery and logistics, and financial services. Tens of millions of car owners, drivers and delivery partners who find flexible work and income opportunities on DiDi platform provide over 10 billion passenger trips a year. Daily trip volume for DiDi’s core mobility services exceeds 60 million during the first week of October 2020.
DiDi is committed to collaborating with policymakers, the taxi industry, the automobile industry and our communities to solve the world’s transportation, environmental and employment challenges with localized smart transportation innovations by leveraging its AI capabilities. We will strive non-stop to create better life experience and greater social value, through building a safe, inclusive and sustainable transportation and local services ecosystem for cities of the future.
For more information, please visit: www.didiglobal.com/news.