Big Data Company NHN Takes Majority Stake in Customer Insights Platform Audiens

big data

Following the investment, big data firm NHN owns a 60% stake in Audiens parent company Bango Deep.

Customer data and audience management platform Audiens has bagged a US$8 million (GBP 6.5 million) strategic cash investment from South Korea-based big data business NHN Corp, the company announced in a statement yesterday.

The investment is a part of a deal between NHN Corp and Bango, the mobile commerce platform that owns Audiens through subsidiary Bango Deep. With this investment, NHN Corp holds a 60% stake in Bango Deep (Bango will hold on to the remaining 40%), in addition to a 4.7% stake in Bango for US$3.95 million (GBP 3.2 million), an earlier release said.

Audiens is also structuring management level changes within the company. Former Chief Commercial Officer at Audiens Jonathan Brech will move up the ladder to the role of CEO, and Founder Marko Maras will head product strategy and innovation, the statement said.

It added that this is big data company NHN’s first investment in a European technology company.

JS Lee, Director of NHN, said in the statement, “Audiens has a unique vision to automate audience identification and optimization using data science and machine learning techniques. By supporting them with our data science, technology and advertising leadership, plus our extensive customer insight data, we can deliver an exciting marketing game-changer.”

Audiens is a marketing tool that uses customer data insights for digital marketing, helping to optimize advertising spends. Brech pointed out in the statement that Audiens helps marketers get “instant visibility” on their target audience behaviour.

The statement said that Audiens will also bank on NHN’s consumer behaviour database to deliver “unique competitive audience insight.”

The company plans to direct the investment toward developing its automatic audience identification and prioritization technologies, using NHN’s cloud data and machine learning capabilities to process data. Additionally, they will look at enhancing their data science capabilities and bolstering their global sales and marketing program, Brech said in the statement.

“CDPs (Customer Data Platforms) are a critical technology to any marketer who needs to turbocharge their first-party data and build and manage audiences for engaging marketing campaigns,” Brech added in the statement.

He also said that CDPs such as Audiens are “the new must-have model for high-impact marketing.”

“Adding NHN’s technology and data science muscle to the simplicity and easy deployment of Audiens CDP platform, gives our global customers the ability to create marketing campaigns that create value faster for their brand,” he noted.

Audiens’ customers include substantial global names such as Dutch multinational financial services provider ING, Italian consumer electronics retailer Unieuro, and consumer credit reporting agency Experian.

Header image by natanaelginting on Freepik

SHARE THIS STORY

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Sharon Lewis
Sharon is a Staff Writer at Jumpstart

RELATED POSTS

Top 5 NFT Scam

Top 5 NFT Scam

From art pieces like EVERYDAYS: THE FIRST 5000 DAYS by Mike Winkelmann to cryptopunks and memes like Side-eyeing Chloe, the popularity of Non-Fungible Tokens (NFT) has been on the uptick. They have also been blowing up in value in 2021. NFT sale volumes have surged eightfold, reaching US$10.7 billion in the third quarter of 2021.

What Brands Must Know About China’s Evolving Millennial Buyers

What Brands Must Know About China’s Evolving Millennial Buyers

Earlier this year, climate activist Greta Thunberg called out fast fashion consumers during an interview with a fashion magazine. She said, “If you are buying fast fashion, then you are contributing to that industry and encouraging them to expand and encouraging them to continue their harmful process.”

What Is Femtech and Are Femtech Companies on the Rise

What Is Femtech and Are Femtech Companies on the Rise?

Women’s needs have been largely neglected for years. They get fewer job opportunities, excessive household work, subpar pay and little healthcare attention. Well, no more. The rise of FemTech startups (largely women-run) is changing the healthcare landscape for women. As per a report by CBInsights, FemTech will be worth US$50 billion by 2025. So, what is FemTech, and how can you get started?

Workplace

The Power of Introverts at the Workplace

Psychologist Carl Jung describes introverts as people whose interests are directed inwards and towards their own thoughts or feelings. They typically struggle to adjust to social settings and are perceived as being reserved. Thus, at a workplace, the introvert might come across as a quiet or unsociable person and end up unnoticed, no matter how big their contributions might be.