TechNode Global has announced the winners for the first edition of ORIGIN Innovation Awards. The winners were announced during the ORIGIN Conference, an on-demand conference track about the latest developments in the Asia tech and startup scene within TECHFEST Live x ROAD-TO-WCIT Malaysia 2020.
2020 winners include early-stage startups, venture capital firms, corporates, community builders, and influential individuals. Close to 400 contenders from 18 countries across the Asia Pacific region participated. Southeast Asia continued to be the most-represented region, with 67% of the applications, while East Asia emerged in the second spot with 23%, ahead of South Asia with 10%.
“Congratulations to the winners for making an impact on the Asian technology and innovation space. All of this year’s nominations were impressive and have demonstrated passion and dedication in providing innovative technology solutions,” said Nadia Fonny, vice president at Gobi Partners, and advisor of the ORIGIN Innovation Awards 2020 panel.
The all-star advisory team is made up of representatives from AppWorks, Cyberport, Gobi Partners, Golden Gate Ventures, InnoVen Capital, MDI Ventures, Rakuten Capital, Sistema Asia, True Digital Park, and ZWC Partners.
Read more: Announcing the finalists for the ORIGIN Innovation Awards 2020
TechNode Global presented the ORIGIN Innovation Awards to outstanding startups, corporates, ecosystem enablers, and movers and shakers in Asia who are poised for growth. Nominations were evaluated based on criteria such as value proposition, strength of technology product, company growth potential, and the leadership capability.
Dr. Gang Lu, founder and CEO of TechNode Global, said, “We’re thrilled to offer recognition to the winners as they continue their journey on a technology revolution. TechNode Global remains committed to continue building a community of tech innovation in Asia. We look forward to meeting more outstanding solutions, engaging new partners, and connecting tech businesses across the region.”
The winners (in alphabetical order):
[Startup Awards] – Artificial Intelligence
- AIZEN – South Korean AI Banking-as-a-Service platform.
- AlpacaJapan – AI and FinTech company that utilises machine learning and deep neural network to provide investment solutions for bankers, asset managers, traders, and market makers worldwide.
- Kata.ai – Indonesian conversational AI company with an integrated platform to build intelligent chatbots.
- SandStar – startup that uses AI computer vision to revolutionize retail operations.
- Tookitaki – enterprise software company that creates sustainable compliance programs for the financial services industry.
[Startup Awards] – FinTech
- Aspire – Y Combinator-backed technology organization that serves small businesses with financial tools to solve cash flow management and working capital needs across Southeast Asia.
- FPL Technologies – FinTech startup that helps consumers check, monitor, and improve their credit score via an AI-based score planner.
- slice – FinTech startup that aims to redesign the financial experience for millennials in India.
- StashAway – digital wealth manager that personalizes financial planning and portfolio management for the needs of retail and accredited investors alike.
- Vaymuon.vn – Vietnam-based peer-to-peer lending platform that connects borrowers with investors.
[Startup Awards] – IoT
- KaHa – end to end smart IoT wearables platform.
- oneCHARGE – electric vehicles startup that operates a computer vision and AI enabled EV charging system.
- Origami Labs – mobile computing solutions provider that offers screen-free, voice, and gesture-based products and services.
- Overdrive – IoT platform specialized in fleet management, assets monitoring, environmental sensing, vehicles monitoring, and real time location system.
- Pinmicro – global provider of IoT-based real-time location solutions.
[Startup Awards] – HealthTech
- Aktivolabs – personal wellness application that utilizes digital behavioural modification tools.
- DocDoc – patient intelligence company that empowers patients to make data-driven healthcare decisions.
- mClinica – healthtech startup that connects pharmacies using mobile technology.
- Oncoshot – cancer collaborative platform that empowers patients, caregivers, and oncologists with access to personalized clinical trial information and top cancer experts for second opinion.
- Vault Dragon – healthtech startup that aims to build “Asia’s Google Maps for healthcare data”.
[Startup Awards] – Logistics & LMF
- Buyandship – cross-border e-commerce logistics company in the Asia-Pacific region.
- DRVR – fleet management solution that uses an IoT analytics platform.
- Inteluck – logistics company focused on first and second mile delivery.
- Parcel Perform – carrier-independent parcel tracking platform for e-commerce retailers.
- PDL Technology Limited – semiconductor company who drives adoption of the use of 3 phase 6 wire BLDC motors in the transportation industry.
[Startup Awards] – Supply Chain & New Retail
- InsightSCS – Philippines-based provider of cloud, blockchain, and AI-based supply chain solutions.
- IUIGA – Singapore lifestyle homeware retailer combining brick-and-mortar retailing with e-commerce.
- Mighty Jaxx – integrated platform empowering future culture brands with an end-to-end supply chain of tech-enabled collectibles and to deliver new retail experiences to consumers globally.
- O4S – Gurugram-based SaaS startup helping brands with 360° visibility in their downstream supply chain.
- Wahyoo – Indonesia-based startup focused on digitizing street food vendors.
[Startup Awards] – E-commerce
- Captive Interactive – Singapore-based digital content production and integrated digital marketing agency focused on e-commerce live streaming and e-commerce marketing.
- Intrepid Group -a Southeast Asian e-commerce consultancy firm offering end-to-end e-commerce management services.
- Kampung Marketer – Indonesia-based social enterprise who trains and educates village youth about e-commerce and digital marketing.
- LoveLocal – India-based retail company that digitizes and organizes local retailers, delivering a neighborhood shopping experience of the future.
- myCashback – online cashback platform for multi-category consumer products.
[Startup Awards] – Media & Entertainment
- CAPSL – Hong Kong & Shanghai-based Esports game studio.
- CloudTheatre – online ticket streaming platform for theatre shows.
- Gushcloud International – global talent agency group that connects audiences and brands to influencers and content creators.
- Music Hotpot – cloud infrastructure on blockchain that enables direct creator-to-consumer transaction and monetization on the music marketplace.
- Zocial Earn – marketing agency that empowers everyday consumers and social users to be key opinion consumers for brands.
[Startup Awards] – Food & AgriTech
- Aquaconnect – full-stack aquaculture technology venture that provides data-driven farm advisory and marketplace solutions for shrimp and fish farmers.
- Avant Meats – cultivated meat technology company with a pilot focus on fish and seafood.
- 8villages – agritech company aspiring to empower farmers and rural communities through technology.
- HERO Protein – Mainland China-focused plant-based meat company with its proprietary process based on a high moisture extrusion technology.
- Sesamilk Foods – Thailand-based company producing sesame milk, which is an alternative to dairy milk and is extracted from premium-grade Thai sesame seeds.
[Startup Awards] – EduTech
- ACKTEC Technologies – EdTech company focused on innovation in 360 VR, virtual reality, and augmented reality for immersive learning.
- Careershe – career guidance startup focused on helping students between 15-25 years old in China.
Flying Cape – online booking and advisory platform for tuition and enrichment classes in Singapore.
- Kalpha – peer to peer mobile platform where individuals can connect and meetup to learn and share any skills, knowledge and experiences on a 1-to-1 basis.
- Ottodot – Singapore-based science learning platform for primary 3-6 students.
[Startup Awards] – Internet Solutions (aaS)
- Parkingbnb – platform for drivers to find the cheapest and closest parking space considering personal preferences.
- Procol – India-based intelligent procurement software.
- Ravenry – company that connects customers with content writers in Asia.
- SyZyGy – 5G-powered virtual event platform with integrative features such as VR/MR, 720° panoramic view, and live streaming.
- Trabble – guest engagement SaaS platform for the hospitality & travel industry.
Best Digital Transformation Award
- ADB – Philippines-based multilateral development bank focused on Asia and the Pacific region. ADB Digital seeks out innovative solutions aligned to the digital sandbox programs on artificial intelligence, robotics, blockchain, and big data.
- Fung Group – Hong Kong-based, privately-held business entity that engages in trading, logistics, distribution, and retailing businesses. Explorium is a value-generating ecosystem where businesses, start-ups, incubators, accelerators, and venture capitalists collaborate to explore disruptive technologies that are reshaping global supply chain and retail in the digital era.
- L’Oreal – French personal care company. The annual L’Oreal Innovation Runway launched in 2017 in Singapore is a competition that seeks to transform the beauty industry with scalable, sustainable, and environmentally-friendly technologies.
[Ecosystem Enabler Awards] Best Community Builder
- HKSTP Global Acceleration Academy – free-of-charge open innovation platform that transforms corporate innovation with tech venture solutions and co-creation to succeed in the Asian market and beyond.
- SheLovesTech – startup competition for women and technology, seeking and accelerating the best entrepreneurs and technology for transformative impact.
- True Digital Park – Thailand-based startup and tech entrepreneur hub for digital innovation.
[Ecosystem Enabler Awards] People’s Choice VC
- Brinc – venture capital and accelerator firm that invests in pre-seed to series A startups and runs global accelerator programs.
- 500 Startups – global venture capital firm managing over $600M in committed capital across their global and regional funds.
- Gobi Partners – venture capital firm with a Pan-Asian presence across North Asia, South Asia, and ASEAN with over US$1.1 billion in assets under management (AUM).
- Quest Ventures – venture fund for companies that have scalability and replicability in large internet communities.
- Sequoia India – venture capital firm which operates in India and Southeast Asia through one arm, helping founders build companies from idea to IPO and beyond.
[Movers & Shakers Awards] Outstanding Female VC
- Amra Naidoo, Accelerating Asia
- Goh Yiping, Quest Ventures
- Shannon Kalayanamitr, Gobi Partners
[Movers & Shakers Awards] Promising Female Founder
- Araya Noon Hutasuwan, SnapCart
- Caecilia Chu, YouTrip
- Val Yap, PolicyPal
[Movers & Shakers Awards] Founder of the Year
- Jonathan Savoir, Quincus
- Michele Ferrario, StashAway
- Mohammad H. D. A. Farahani, SEPPURE
[Movers & Shakers Awards] Best Sustainable Solution
- EcoWorth Tech – waste solutions company specialised in transforming waste materials into reusable products.
- Magorium – waste plastic recycling solution and a disruptor in the road modifier industry.
- RWDC Industries – Singapore-based company that produces biodegradable plastic.
[Movers & Shakers Awards] Resilience Award
- Insilico Medicine – Hong Kong-based AI company for drug discovery and development. Insilico launched a COVID-19 basic and clinical research system called COVIDomic which helps scientists and researchers alike to predict the severity of the disease in hope to reduce the severity and mortality of infection.
- mClinica – HealthTech startup that connects pharmacies using mobile technology. mClinica has offered the much-needed digital tools for governments to conduct online research of COVID-19, to run digital awareness campaigns to its pharmacy network on prevention and screening, and to provide e-learning modules to prepare the pharmacists for the pandemic and inform them of the latest guidelines.
- Unacademy – India-based online learning platform. During the COVID-19 outbreak in March 2020, Unacademy Educators offered 20,000 Free Live Classes on its platform not just to existing Unacademy subscription but to the general public as well.